Norfolk chefs tell all in new book
- Credit: IAN BURT
Who knew that Richard Golding, chef-patron of the Market Bistro in King's Lynn would have loved to be a fighter pilot - or thatNik Hare, head chef at the Victoria Inn, Holkham, is a motorbike fanatic?
Given a bit of time off, Matthew Owsley-Brown at Tipi in the Paddock will shoot up to the Lake District in his VW campervan, Eric Snaith at Titchwell Manor might nip over to Spain to enjoy San Sebastian's famed restaurants, while Vanessa Scott at Strattons Hotel will stride out along the Peddars Way with her husband and three dogs.
A new cookbook delves into the lives of 20 Norfolk's chefs as well as featuring their favourite recipes and championing Norfolk produce from field to fork.
Written by East Anglian food writers Tessa Allingham and Glyn Williams's Norfolk Table: One County, Twenty Chefs explores the relationship between chefs and suppliers and celebrates the region's food and farming heritage.
'Norfolk stands unique, blessed by a certain 'terroir', making it a gem of a region for curious chefs and interested customers to discover,' said David Adlard, the Michelin-starred chef who has written the foreword.
'Just look at the number of wonderful, thriving restaurants throughout the county, many of them featured in this book.'
Co-author Tessa Allingham said: 'Writing Norfolk Table has taken us on a thrilling foodie journey. We have encountered extraordinary
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 3 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 4 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 5 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 6 Customers travelling across Norfolk to try pub's 'afternoon sea'
- 7 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
talent, passion and commitment, and are hugely grateful to our 20 chefs and producers for opening their kitchen doors and farm gates to us.'
The book is on sale at the 20 profiled restaurants and retailers across the county, priced £19.95.