This popular city pub has been voted the best in Norwich by CAMRA
- Credit: Archant
The Fat Cat Brewery Tap has been voted the best pub in Norwich.
The pub, located on Lawson Road, was awarded both the '2018 city pub of the year' and overall 'pub of the year' by members of the Norwich and Norfolk branch of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA).
Landlords Mark White and Laura Hedley-White said they were delighted with the news.
Mr White said: 'We are thrilled and very proud of what we have achieved and very thankful to our amazing team and to the support of our customers.'
The Norfolk Lurcher in Colton was received the '2018 rural pub of the year' award, while The White Lion, on Oak Street, Norwich, was awarded the '2018 cider pub of the year'.
You may also want to watch:
Runner-up city pub of the year is the Beehive, on Leopold Road, Norwich, while the White Horse at Neatishead is the rural pub runner-up.
The Fat Cat Brewery Tap will now be entered into the Norfolk pub of the year competition.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate