Norfolk Broads boatyard wins gambling charity award
A Broads boatyard owner has received an award for its support of responsible gambling organisation The GREaT Foundation.
Horning Pleeasurecraft Ltd, based in Stalham and part of the Richardson's Holidays group, donated just under �950 to the organisation last year and received 'Silver: GREaTer Donor 2010' status at an annual awards ceremony which took place at Ascot Racecourse.
The GREaT Foundation – the gambling industry's charity responsible for raising funds to support research, education and treatment of gambling problems – had an expert panel representing the Gambling Industry Trade Associations and operators to pick the winners.
Each winner has to have shown a commitment to The GREaT Foundation beyond what was required of them, either financially or due to some other special circumstance that made their contribution more significant.
Presenting the awards, Geoffrey Godbold OBE – director of The GREaT Foundation – said: 'We appreciate that the last year has been very tough financially for the gambling industry as a whole.
'It is, therefore, even more gratifying to see organisations such as Horning Pleasurecraft Ltd making a special effort by increasing their support of The GREaT Foundation.'
The GREaT Foundation's 2011/12 fundraising target is �5m, to make a donation log on to www.thegreatfoundation.org.uk
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 4 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 6 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 7 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 8 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
- 9 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 10 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home