Norfolk Britain’s Got Talent star Ronan Parke to release anti-bullying single
- Credit: Bill Smith - Archant
Norfolk child star Ronan Parke is raising money for the UK's leading anti-bullying charity Kidscape, through his new single 'Defined'.
Shooting to fame in 2011 after coming runner-up on the popular ITV show Britain's Got Talent, the Poringland singer has become globally recognised. However, the 15-year-old's journey to stardom has not been without difficulty.
Now pursuing both musical and humanitarian ambitions, the singer has revealed that his experience on Britain's Got Talent presented him with challenges regarding cyber bullying and the dark side of fame.
He said: 'Britain's Got Talent was such an incredible experience, but it's been hard. As a young person in the public domain sometimes you can feel like a target, with people writing things on social sites to you and about you that don't just hurt, they can be intimidating and scary.
'I've been so very blessed in the fact that I have incredible friends, family and such a huge support of fans behind me, so when I heard about Kidscape it was something I wanted to get behind.'
You may also want to watch:
Ronan's new single 'Defined' will be out on January 6 with half the profits going to Kidscape.
Nikki Kerr, from Kidscape, said: 'We hope this fantastic song will raise awareness of bullying and the effects that it has on so many young people across the world. Kidscape has been working for nearly 30 years to help those experiencing bullying, and with Ronan's help we aim to support many thousands more young people and their families.
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 3 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 4 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 7 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 8 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 9 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
- 10 Police seal off building site in Norwich