Norfolk’s Cake Crusader turns blog into book ranking tearooms around the world
- Credit: kevin frazer
Armed with just a spreadsheet, bike, and 'nothing better to do with his time', Kevin Frazer has turned his popular blog into a book detailing the finest tearooms in Norfolk and beyond.
Mr Frazer, 55, of Eaton, has reviewed over 200 cafes on popular cycle routes across East Anglia and seven countries under the guise of the Cake Crusader.
His book of the same title charts a total journey of around 10,000 miles with the aim to find the best refreshment stops for cyclists.
The retired IT Manager runs a popular blog which documents his adventures across the region and around the world, including a recent coast-to-coast trip across India's southern peninsula.
The book takes readers from his humble beginnings in taking up cycling to the 'eureka' moment where he decides to combine the fastest growing sport with 'Britain's new favourite hobby' (probably) — home baking.
You may also want to watch:
'The combination of bikes and cakes is going to be irresistible to the British public and I'm convinced they will soon coming flocking to my blog,' Kevin says to one of many unenthusiastic friends who feature in the book.
Later legs in the crusade feature a journey across the breadth of Britain from St David's in Wales to Lowestoft, and even a trip up the Alps 'to see how cake performs at altitude'. The Cake Crusader also documents Kevin's attempt to set the world record for most cafes visited in a day on a calorie neutral bike ride.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
The book aims to inspire people to get on their bikes and support local cafes, while providing a comical guide to the finest stops ranked primarily by their offering of hot drinks and cake.
The Cake Crusader by Kevin Frazer is available to buy now on Amazon and his blog can be found at norfolkcafecycle.blogspot.co.uk.