'Travel bible' names Norfolk beaches in list of UK's best
- Credit: Archant
A travel bible has named a number of Norfolk's beaches in its list of the UK's best.
Travel magazine, Conde Nast Traveller, named Holkham, Hunstanton, Brancaster, Cromer and Sheringham on its list of the 44 best beaches in the UK.
The guide described Holkham beach as "lunar-like" and praised its "four miles of golden sands backed by pine woods and huge sand dunes".
Hunstanton was praised for having "all the best bits of a quintessential British seaside resort", while it described Brancaster as one of the most dog friendly beaches in the UK.
It said Cromer was the place to go for a "truly British beach holiday", while it was seduced by Sheringham's "romantic" appeal.
You may also want to watch:
Beaches just a stones throw away in Suffolk included on the list were Walberswick, Dunwich, Southwold and Aldeburgh.
The magazine urged people to travel responsibly being "mindful of social-distancing guidelines as well as the fragility of the beautiful local environment you are visiting".
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 3 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 4 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 5 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 6 Electric scooter riders arrested for drink-driving
- 7 Man died after lorry crashed into litter picking vans on A11
- 8 Tiny baby saved by 120-mile flight in 'wrong' helicopter
- 9 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 10 Driver may have fallen asleep before fatal crash, inquest hears