Award-winning Norfolk barber is a cut above the rest
- Credit: Bluebeards Revenge
A Norfolk barber beat off razor sharp competition to win a place in the finals of a national competition.
Yucel Olmezkaya, formerly from Gould Barbers in Gaywood, King's Lynn, was crowned the East of England regional winner at the Britain's Best Shave 2018 competition.
Mr Olmezkaya will now go on to compete in the national final against seven other top barbers from across the country.
He said: 'Barbering and wet shaving is a big thing in my country, which is Turkey. It's a part of our lifestyle to go to the barber for a haircut and shave and socialise with a nice glass of Turkish tea.'
After a spell away from the trade, Mr Olmezkaya, who won the British Barbers Association People's Choice Award in 2016 and 2017, has gone back to barbering with renewed enthusiasm.
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'I got back to barbering in the UK back in 2013 when my friend – and current boss - opened his first shop. Now, I am the manager of the third shop.'
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 3 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 4 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 5 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 10 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online