Norfolk author launches new book at Jarrold
- Credit: Paul Thomas
More than 50 people toasted a new Norfolk author's first novel at Jarrold in Norwich.
Paul Thomas launched his novel, Changing Colours at the department store on May 10.
He said: 'At a mere 78 years of age, this has been a new challenge for me, a step into new shoes, perhaps showing you're never too old to take up a different adventure in life.'
Mr Thomas' novel sees Nicoleta, a country girl from a Transylvanian village travel to London to seek fame and fortune as a singer.
She meets a provocative English Lord who owns a media empire and a PR guru looking for a young star to make the headlines. Their idea is to turn Nicoleta into a re-creation of the wife of the Romanian prince who inspired the legend of Dracula.
You may also want to watch:
Changing Colours is available from Jarrold and other bookshops from £7.99.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list