Old Buckenham Airshow: First plane takes off
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Flying at Old Buckenham Airshow has been delayed until 2pm for the second day in a row.
The first plane at Old Buckenham Airshow has taken off after the flying schedule was severely delayed by bad weather..
In an earlier post the airshow had said it expected a full display and is allowing visitors to use non-used Saturday tickets today.
The event at Old Buckenham Airfield in South Norfolk showcases a wide variety of aircraft from the aerial treasures of World War II to the latest aerobatic aircraft, all flown by the world's top pilots.
On the ground is a busy show with masses of classic cars, military displays, stands, stalls and activities.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Matt Wilkins said the B17 Sally B bomber was the highlight of Saturday's show, the plane is the only one of its kind still in operation in Europe and serves as a flying memorial to 17,000 US airmen.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire