‘There is more to the army cadets than the military’ tells members of the Norfolk Army Cadet Force
- Credit: Archant
Skydiving, first aid and Duke of Edinburgh awards are just some of the things the Norfolk army cadets get to do.
Norfolk Army Cadet Force (ACF) has 25 detachments in the county cadets have been skydiving, completed Duke of Edinburgh awards in bronze, silver and gold standard and received civilian qualifications in first aid - all while meeting friends and growing in confidence.
Cadet Cpl Nathan Pearce, 15, has been at going to the Diss detachment for almost 3 years.
'It's taught me so much,' he said. 'How to be a leader, how to be confident and make great friends. There is more to the army cadets than the military.'
17-year-old Sem Zaal also risen to the rank of Cpl has been skydiving with the cadets twice and thinks it is the best thing he has done in his entire life.
You may also want to watch:
Cadet Wiktoria Gramza, 13, said: 'Cadets has taught me how to help people with first aid.'
For more information visit www.armycadets.com/county/norfolk-acf/
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 8 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon