Norfolk angler helps Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse with new BBC show
- Credit: Archant
Two big names in TV and comedy have visited the region for a fishing trip.
Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse joined Norfolk angler John Bailey to catch pikes in East Anglian waters.
Mr Bailey, a former Countryside Hour presenter, revealed he has been working with the two men on a new BBC Two series they're making entitled Paul and Bob Go Fishing, which is to be broadcast later this year.
The show will see experienced angler Mr Whitehouse suggest Mr Mortimer, a fishing novice, take up the hobby while recovering from a triple heart bypass.
According to the BBC, the pair then tour the country to fish side by side in some of the most picturesque landscapes the UK has to offer.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bailey said: 'I've been working with them for about four months on their new series. Paul is a superb fisherman and Bob is coming into it.'
'During a recent fishing trip, Bob took a magnificent pike on a roach barely an ounce in weight, it was the only catch of the day, so it was nice that Bob caught it - it's always nice when the underdog comes through!'
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
He added: 'It was actually heavier than Paul's personal best pike, which Bob took great delight in reminding Paul for the rest of the day.
'It's always a lively, fun day when you're with the pair of them.'