Man dies after being hit by bus at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
- Credit: NNUH
A man has died after being involved in a collision with a bus in Norwich.
Officers were called shortly after 4pm this afternoon to reports of a collision involving a bus and a pedestrian on Colney Lane near to the junction of the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
The pedestrian, who was in his 70s died at the scene.
The road was closed while emergency services attended the scene, it re-opened shortly before 7pm.
Motorists faced waits of up to two hours at the hospital while the road was closed.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are looking to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision, particularly anyone who saw the manner of the vehicle and/or the pedestrian prior to the incident.
Witnesses should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire