Nominations close for South Norfolk pub of the year competition
The deadline for nominations for this year's South Norfolk Community Pub of the Year Awards has passed with almost 40 businesses nominated.
More than 300 people voted in the annual competition, which saw 38 pubs nominated across South Norfolk.
Judges are set to visit the shortlisted public houses over the next month to decide on the winner of the 4th community pub of the year awards.
Sue Thomson, councillor and chairman of the judging panel said the record number of nominations and their quality was good news.
She said: 'People in our community who value their pubs are taking a lot of time and trouble to tell us why they believe they should win these prestigious awards. This is a record year for the awards, it is very encouraging, and I am sure it will be the toughest year yet for our panel of judges.'
You may also want to watch:
Coldham Hall, in Surlingham, won last year's pub of the year award.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 10 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel