Nominate your stars of the Norfolk arts scene
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2012
People are being asked to celebrate their shining stars of Norfolk's art world by nominating them for a special award that is returning for a second year.
The EDP People's Choice Award aims to give our readers the chance to honour those who do great things in the county's cultural scene by calling for nominations and then putting the top 10 up for public vote.
The entire spectrum of the arts is eligible for the award with people able to vote for everything from their favourite theatre to their best band to their most inspiring dance teacher.
Last year saw the Norfolk and Norwich Festival crowned the first EDP People's Choice Award winner at the inaugural Norfolk Arts Awards in association with the Eastern Daily Press, and the runners-up were Great Yarmouth-based Out There Festival run by SeaChange Arts and Gallery Plus in Wells.
Peter Beck, Norfolk Arts Awards founder, said: 'We were delighted with how many people got involved in nominating and voting in the 2012 EDP People's Choice Award. There was lots of excitement, especially towards the end with the top 10 encouraging people to vote for them, and the Norfolk and Norwich Festival was a very popular and worthy winner.'
You may also want to watch:
He said that this year the EDP People's Choice Award aims to celebrate even more cultural achievements by splitting the 2013 accolade into three categories according to size – and he said the scope for nominations was as wide as ever.
'You could nominate a show you went to see and thought was really fantastic, or somebody who has taught dance for 30 years and inspired so many young people, or someone who works behind the scenes on brilliant costumes.
- 1 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 4 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 5 Long delays due to overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 6 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 7 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 10 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
'The EDP People's Choice Award is a way of highlighting all the great things going on in the arts in Norfolk and congratulating people on their achievements.'
The three categories for the 2013 EDP People's Choice Award are: best individual; best small organisation; and best large organisation.
People can submit nominations for the EDP People's Choice Awards until September 13 at the Norfolk Arts Awards website www.norfolkartsawards.com
The website also gives more details on each of the three categories.
The top 10 in each category will them be put to the public vote online from September 18 until October 11.
The winners will be revealed at the Norfolk Arts Awards at Norwich Cathedral's Hostry on Saturday, October 26.
Tickets for the awards cost £20. To book, call 01603 598676 or alternatively buy tickets in person at Norwich Theatre Royal.