Nominate your stars of Norfolk’s arts scene for a special award
- Credit: Archant
From people's best-loved music venues to their most admired artists to their favourite theatres, the search is on to find the 2016 stars of the Norfolk arts scene.
Nominations open today for the EDP People's Choice Awards - part of the annual Norfolk Arts Awards celebration at the Hostry Festival - which give our readers the chance to highlight their cultural champions.
Last year's EDP People's Choice Awards winner were: Felthorpe-based artist Matt Reeve; Norwich Arts Centre; and the GoGoDragons! charity art trail brought to Norwich by children's charity Break and Wild in Art.
Nominations open today in our search to find a new trio of worthy winners for 2016.
Stash Kirkbride, the Hostry Festival's artistic director, said: 'The Norfolk Arts Awards is the Hostry Festival's red carpet gala event celebrating the arts. It's really an opportunity to celebrate people who make a difference.
'All the other 14 awards are decided by our panel. The EDP People's Choice Awards is as it says on the tin - it's the people's chance to have their say as well and that's really important.
'We are looking forward to receiving all the entries and finding out who those fortunate finalists will be this year.'
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 8 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 9 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk
Once again there are three EDP People's Choice Awards categories - individual, small organisation and large organisation - and people have until August 23 to put in their nominations.
The top 10 in each category will then be revealed and there will be an online vote to find the three winners which will be announced at the Norfolk Arts Awards ceremony at Norwich Cathedral's Hostry on Friday, October 21.
To nominate an individual or organisation for an EDP People's Choice Award, visit www.edp24.co.uk
The deadline for EDP People's Choice Awards nominations is August 23.
The Hostry Festival will this year run from October 15 to 30. For more information about events at the festival, visit www.hostryfestival.org
Do you have an arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at firstname.lastname@example.org