Nominate a special someone for the Stars of West Norfolk Awards
Now is the time to honour the true gems of your community by helping to give them the recognition they deserve.
The Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News are proud to be backing the inaugural Stars of West Norfolk Awards and we want you to get involved.
If you know of a selfless carer, a volunteer dedicating hours to helping others or workers who go above and beyond the call of duty this is your chance to nominate them and show your appreciation.
Abbie Panks, manager of the Vancouver Quarter which is backing the campaign, said: 'West Norfolk has so many fantastic people and volunteers doing great work in the area and these awards are designed to reward those who have made an extra special contribution in our community. If you know someone who deserves recognition, perhaps a volunteer who has dedicated hours to a cause, a carer who has gone the extra mile or it could be for someone who had done something incredibly brave. These awards are for unsung heroes who might not otherwise be thanked for their acts of courage, kindness, commitment and dedication, if you know someone who fits the bill, I urge you to nominate them.'
EDP editor in chief Nigel Pickover said: 'We are delighted to be able to honour the brave, kind, and community-spirited people of West Norfolk. It will be a delight to hear their special stories, and I look forward to seeing many, many entries.'
Elizabeth Nockolds, West Norfolk Council's cabinet member for culture, heritage and health, said: 'There are so many people in our community who are so kind to their neighbours or have given many, many years to their community groups.
'There are some very young, brave people out there who through illness have taken up sport, have helped their parents or raised money for charity. And there are people out there who, when there has been a traffic accident or fire, have rushed to help others.
- 1 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 5 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 6 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 7 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 8 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 9 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 10 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident
'It's so important to thank these people for their help or special kindness they have given to one person or a group of people.'
The awards ceremony will take place on September 2 at the King's Lynn Alive Corn Exchange.
The event's sponsors will be judging the entries. The same people can be nominated in different categories, and readers can nominate as many times as they like.
Forms can be found in various outlets in King's Lynn including in Wilko, the Bank House, Alive Corn Exchange and Mapus-Smith and Lemmon. Forms will soon be available at KLFM and the tourist information centre.
The awards are 'feeder' awards for the over-arching Stars of Norfolk and Waveney awards which take place later this year.