Town’s highest rated café closes down
- Credit: Archant
The highest rated café in a coastal town has closed its doors after nearly five years.
No Place Like Home, in High Street, Lowestoft was considered by many to be one of the town's hidden gems but closed down last month.
On TripAdvisor it had earned a 95pc Excellent rating from 168 reviews with many customers commenting on its warm atmosphere and homemade selection of cakes.
And was rated five stars for food, value, service and atmosphere.
One reviewer was blown away by their experience and said: 'We came across 'No Place Like Home' quite by chance and called in for tea and cake.
You may also want to watch:
Such a pleasant and warm atmosphere that was matched by the owner who was so welcoming and friendly and gave us tips on what we were looking for in the town.
They added: 'The cafe has a vintage 'old world charm'.'
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash
The café's owners declined to comment when approached.