Empty van found by dog walker submerged in water in ford
- Credit: Archant
An empty van has been found submerged in water in a Norfolk ford.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service was called out to Shotesham following reports of a van in water at Mill Lane.
Crews from Earlham and Carrow were sent to scene shortly after 4.45pm yesterday (Monday, February 24).
Firefighters could not find anyone inside the vehicle and made the area safe.
Peter Robertson had been walking his dog at Shotesham Ford at the time and noticed the roof of the vehicle in the water.
You may also want to watch:
He took a picture of the scene and said police and other emergency services confirmed the vehicle was empty.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks