All KFC restaurants in Norfolk now out of chicken as shortage continues
- Credit: Archant
There are no KFC restaurants open in Norfolk today as the chicken shortage continues.
The Chapelfield KFC in Norwich was the only branch in the county open yesterday but this morning the shutters were down and a sign was up saying 'sorry we're closed'.
The fried chicken chain has closed more than half of its 900 UK outlets following a disruption in its supply of chicken. It comes after the company switched its delivery contract to DHL last week.
The sign at the Chapelfield branch read: 'Sorry we're closed. We deliver our chicken fresh into our restaurants, but we've had a few hiccups with the delivery today. We wouldn't want to open without offering our full menu, but we'll be back at the fryers as soon as we can. Apologies for any inconvenience.'
Until last Tuesday, KFC's chicken was delivered by South African-owned distribution group Bidvest.
But after the change in the contract, many of the food giant's outlets began running out of chicken products.
You may also want to watch:
KFC said on Twitter: 'The chicken crossed the road, just not to our restaurants.
'We've brought a new delivery partner onboard, but they've had a couple of teething problems - getting fresh chicken out to 900 restaurants across the country is pretty complex!,' it added.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 9 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich