No injuries in two-car Lakenham crash
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
Two people involved in a crash on the ring road in the Lakenham area of Norwich this evening escaped without injuries.
A Renault Espace and Chevrolet Kalos collided at Barrett Road at the junction with Long John Hill at about 5pm.
Police, fire and the ambulance all attended and the road was closed for a short time.
A Norfolk Constabulary spokesman said one car had hit the other causing the doors to 'crumple' meaning fire fighters were needed to help get the people involved out of their vehicles.
The arrival of the engines from Carrow and Earlham meant the road had to be closed but all emergency services were clear of the scene by 5.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Both the police and fire service spokesmen confirmed there had been no injuries.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 7 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 8 Hethersett high school sends pupils home after four coronavirus cases
- 9 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 10 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford