Norfolk football fans praised after World Cup clash passes without any arrests
- Credit: Archant
Football fans in Norfolk have been praised by police after a dramatic night of World Cup action passed without any arrests.
England took on Colombia on Tuesday night, in an exciting night of football which saw England eventually win a penalty shoot out.
And while spirits were running high across the county - with many of its pubs packed with spectators - the night passed without event.
Norfolk police said there had been no arrests related to football, and that fans had been 'well behaved'.
MORE: Jubilation across the county as England take penalty winHundreds of people crammed into pubs in the centre of Norwich, and spilled out into Prince of Wales Road - the city's clubland - after England's victory.
You may also want to watch:
The team will face their next match on Saturday, when they take on Sweden in the quarter finals.
An increased number of officers will be on duty.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft