Hospital celebrates creation of Pride Pathway with moving rainbow
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
Hospital staff have created a moving rainbow to celebrate the creation of a Pride Pathway at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
The NNUH is the first NHS Trust in the region to create a Progress Pride Pathway as a visual symbol of inclusion.
On Friday, July 30, staff from across the hospital donned colourful clothing and waved different LGBT+ flags and banners to create a moving rainbow to celebrate the opening of the pathway.
The new walkway will become a long term addition to the NNUH site.
Dan Campbell and Alex Jackson, co-chairs of the NNUH LGBT+ staff network which was instrumental in introducing the walkway, said: “We feel this path to be a ringing endorsement of the cooperative spirit prevailing at NNUH.
You may also want to watch:
"It will be a colourful testament to what LGBT+ staff can achieve, as well as a strong visual display of support for LGBT+ staff and patients at this Trust. May it long serve as a reminder that this is ‘Our Hospital For All.’"
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers