Riders are gearing up for hospital charity bike ride
- Credit: NNUH
Final preparations are being made for this year's Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH) charity bike ride and there is still time to book your place on the starting line.
Whether you are a complete novice when it comes to cycling or an experienced cyclist looking to improve your distance or speed, the event on July 15 has something for everyone.
The Sportive offers 100, 60 or 30-mile routes, all of which follow sections of the Tour of Britain and the Women's Tour, and all start and finish at the hospital on Colney Lane.
The event will take participants through the quiet roads in south Norfolk and north Suffolk, which provide scenic beauty along the way and routes suitable for both experienced and novice cyclists.
This is one of the few sportives where your entry will directly help support the hospital, and up to £9 per rider entry goes directly to the charity.
You may also want to watch:
Louise Cook, NNUH fundraising manager, said: 'This is a hugely popular event and we hope that lots of cyclists, including those who may never have taken part in a cycling event, will sign up and join us on the day.
'All money raised helps fund additional facilities to improve patient and visitor experience in the hospital and all funds raised help make a huge difference to us.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 10 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
'For example, the funds raised in the past have gone towards the fantastic renovation of the Jenny Lind children's playground.'
If riders want to raise additional sponsorship, they can choose any hospital department or ward to benefit from these donations, such as the neonatal intensive care unit, cardiology or stroke patients, or many others.
As well as the charitable donation, the entry fee provides free feed stops along the route, electronic chip timing, fully signposted routes, full medical and mechanical support and transport back to event HQ for anyone unable to finish their ride.
Entry for the Sportive is £9 for the 100 mile, £7 for the 60 mile and £5 for the 30 mile and this is one of the few sportives where your entry will directly support the NNUH Hospitals Charity.
To enter, go to www.pushsport.co.uk/nnuh-100