Nine police officers from Norfolk to attend funeral of Westminster attack victim PC Keith Palmer
- Credit: PA
Nine police officers from Norfolk will be attending the funeral of PC Keith Palmer in Westminster.
The 48-year-old was stabbed to death by Khalid Masood as he carried out his duties on the forecourt of the Palace of Westminster.
He is to be honoured with a full police funeral later today.
The region's train operator, Greater Anglia, is offering police officers free rail travel to the service.
And nine officers from Norfolk Police, including Joint Norfolk and Suffolk temporary assistant chief constable Louisa Pepper, will be attending.
Mr Palmer's coffin will be taken from the Palace of Westminster, where it has lain in rest overnight, to Southwark Cathedral for the funeral, followed by a private cremation.
The Queen gave permission for PC Palmer's body to rest in Westminster's Chapel of St Mary Undercroft, an honour normally reserved for heads of state.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 3 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 4 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 5 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 6 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 7 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 8 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 9 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 10 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
Full service funerals are normally only held when a police officer or member of staff dies while they are carrying out their duty, Scotland Yard said.
Thousands of officers from across the country are expected to line the streets around the cathedral and could take part in the service as ushers.
Four other innocent people were killed and dozens of others injured in the 82-second atrocity on Wednesday, March 22, which ended with Masood being shot dead.