Nine of Norfolk’s best world food restaurants on TripAdvisor to try ASAP
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk is full of great restaurants covering a vast range of world cuisines and tastes. Here's our guide to some of the best world food restaurants the county has to offer.
• Turkuaz, 146 Victoria Road, Diss
This Turkish restaurant in Diss serves up an authentic range of food and drink, including Karniyarik and Halep. One fan on TripAdvisor said: 'The food is always lovely and the service great. They always provide a fresh fruit platter (complimentary) at the end of the meal - and Turkish delight too.'
• Chez Denis, Orford Yard, Norwich
Chez Denis brings Caribbean French Creole cuisine to the 'fine city'. Chef Denis Rosembert was born in the island of St. Lucia and moved to England in 1975. He worked for various hotels and restaurants before opening his own where dishes such as Chicken Creole, Monkfish Coco and various steak dishes including Fillet Steak Au Poivre are just a sample of what's on offer for customers. Danny B on TripAdvisor said: 'If you like food and you like flavour, this is the best food you will eat in Norwich, simply beautiful.'
• Rasputin, 22/23 Plowright Place, Swaffham
A traditional Russian restaurant in the centre of Swaffham town offering customers hearty home cooked food for reasonable prices. It has a set menu for £10, or an a la carte menu which includes dishes such as Plemeny, a Russian style ravioli and duck stroganoff. Barrie C on TripAdvisor had this to say of his dining experience: 'The food was extremely interesting - and different.'
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 6 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
• Pedro's Tex-Mex Cantina, Chapelfield North, Norwich
Set in Chapelfield Gardens, the Mexican restaurant boasts a large menu, loaded with enchiladas, chimichangas and fajitas. General Manager, Matthew Ward highly recommends customers try Pedro's classic stacks. 'I tend to go for either the chicken and beef or the chicken and chilli stacks, they taste fantastic and the portion sizes are really great,' he said.
• Soyokaze Japanese Restaurant, 9 Market Street, North Walsham
Soyokaze is a traditional style Japanese restaurant serving fresh food. Favourites with customers on TripAdvisor include tempura seafood, tofu steak and the chicken katsu curry. TripAdvisor reviewer chezcosy said: 'I drove over an hour to visit this place and wasn't disappointed. It's sushi in the UK so it's pricey but for fans, it's well worth the visit.'
• Arbuckles, Stone Cross, A10, Downham Market
This contemporary American restaurant and cocktail bar has an extensive menu filled with burgers, pancakes and ice cream sundaes. One of the restaurant managers, Hannah Bates, shared her recommendations from the menu. 'We serve several combo meals and those go down really well with our customers, especially the steak and ribs combo,' she said. 'We also have lots of different chicken dishes which are all delicious.'
• Stoke Mill Contemporary Fine Dining, Mill Road, Stoke Holy Cross
Once an old water mill and the original home of Colman's Mustard in 1814, now a fully renovated contemporary restaurant serving a range of French inspired meals, including sea bass with a beurre blanc sauce and apple tarte tatin. One TripAdvisor review from geh59 states that they received a 'very warm welcome, excellent service and food of the very highest standard'.
• Chico's, 60 Marine Parade, Great Yarmouth
Chico's serves up a mixture of traditional Greek and English food, so there's something to suit everyone's tastes. Owner and manager, Chico, revealed that the restaurant's most popular dishes are their seafood platters and smoky chargrilled steaks. He said, 'All of our food is freshly cooked, our fish dishes such as sea bass and skate wing are a favourite with customers but we also have a daily specials board, so whatever the fisherman brings me that day gets included on there. There's always something a little bit different.'
• Crofter's Restaurant, 32 High Street, Sheringham
Crofter's Restaurant in Sheringham is an Austrian/German restaurant specialising in lunch, dinner and coffee and serving a range of traditional dishes such as German Brockwurst Sausage. Front of house worker, Jane, who has been with the restaurant for 27 years, shared her picks from the lunch menu. 'Our two course lunch special is incredibly popular with customers as well as our Bavarian Lamb. The salmon and prawn delight is also a great choice.'
•What's your favourite Norfolk world food restaurant? Let us know in the comments below.
•See today's EDP for a free 60 page guide on dining in the Broads.