Nine hour school day and fewer holidays: What do you think?
- Credit: Getty Images
Amid reports that MPs are considering introducing a nine-hour school day and cutting holidays to seven weeks a year, we want to know, what do you think?
The new plans would see youngsters in school from 9am to 6pm and holidays cut from 13 weeks to seven.
As reported in the Sun, it would affect all children aged five to 18, and is aimed to boost education standards and reduce childcare costs for parents.
Christmas, Easter and summer holidays would be reduced to about two weeks in the hope of reducing stress for students and teachers.
Supporters of the scheme said the increased cost in staff wages would be made back in a fall in benefits and a rise in income tax from extra working parents.
You may also want to watch:
What do you think? Would you like to see children spend more time at school? Or do you think school holidays should stay the same.
Let us know with your comments.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 3 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 6 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion