Nine facts which shows why EACH’s Thetford-based distribution centre is vital to the charity
PUBLISHED: 13:50 28 October 2017 | UPDATED: 17:32 28 October 2017
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices’ (EACH) Retail Distribution Centre (RDC) is vital to the charity. Donations are sorted at the Thetford-based unit to distribute for sale. As it celebrates its third anniversary, here are nine facts about the RDC.
• The RDC processes around 400 bags and boxes of donations every week. That’s 20,800 a year.
• It lists and sells 200 items on EACH’s eBay store every week and also packages and posts 150 items.
• Around 150 items require portable appliance testing or some other form of testing each week.
• In preparation for the festive season, the RDC recently took receipt of 650 boxes of Christmas cards. Seasonal items including Christmas trees have been donated.
• Currently staff are taking around 200 Christmas card orders a week.
• Thirteen tonnes of items and waste are recycled each month.
• Four vans distribute items to EACH shops in Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire, covering 17 different routes and hundreds of miles every week.
• All this work is carried out by just 10 members of staff, who are supported, crucially, by 19 volunteers.
• The staff and volunteers drink 60 cups of well-deserved tea and coffee a week.
EACH support families and care for children and young people with life-threatening conditions.
For more information visit EACH