Nicholas Hamond Academy principal sacked: Letter to parents says issues did not involve the safety or wellbeing of any pupils currently attending the academy
The principal of The Nicholas Hamond Academy in Swaffham has been dismissed following serious breaches in applying safeguarding procedures.
Mystery continues to surround the sacking of the head of a Norfolk secondary school.
Cheryl Hill has been dismissed as principal of The Nicholas Hamond Academy in Swaffham.
Academy Transformation Trust (ATT) said her contract has been terminated following an investigation into 'serious breaches' of applying safeguarding procedures.
In a letter to parents, ATT managing director Joyce Hodgetts said: 'Please be assured that the issues did not involve the safety or wellbeing of any pupils currently attending the academy.'
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk Police has been involved in the investigation.
But neither ATT or police would reveal more information about the specific reasons for Ms Hill's dismissal.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 10 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
The announcement to staff, and letter to parents, sought to reassure the community that matters had been dealt with swiftly.
ATT managing director Joyce Hodgetts said: 'Academy Transformation Trust has been working with the Norfolk local area designated officer for safeguarding and the police to ensure that matters have been dealt with appropriately.
'ATT has carried out a full safeguarding review in the academy since the matter came to light.
'We can assure you that all procedures are robust and appropriate.
'Since Cheryl's appointment there have been many positive changes within the academy.
'The continued improvement in exam results is testament to the hard work and commitment of the staff.
'We can assure you that the pupils' education will be unaffected by the dismissal and that ATT will ensure permanent, appropriate leadership arrangements are put in place as quickly as possible.
'The safety, happiness and achievement of students remain our highest priority and we will continue to provide excellent opportunities for pupils.'
A Norfolk Police spokesman said: 'We have been working with the academy in relation to a safeguarding matter and are satisfied it has been dealt with appropriately.'
Nicholas Hamond Academy's vice principal will act as head of the school until permanant leadership has been arranged.
Are you concerned about how this will affect your child's education? E mail email@example.com