NHS volunteers to be celebrated
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Norfolk's volunteers who contribute their time to the NHS are being celebrated as part of Volunteers Week.
The week, which runs every year from June 1 to June 7, is part of the UK's biggest celebration of volunteering, recognising the contribution of 23 million people who volunteer in their communities.
Norfolk's NHS community trust is hosting an event celebrating the 200 volunteers who contribute about 300 hours of support per week to patients, staff and visitors.
A team from Aviva will be providing entertainment from the Aviva choir.
Anna Morgan, director of quality and nursing at Norfolk Community Health and Care (NCHC), said: "Volunteers are an essential and valuable part of our organisation. Every volunteer at NCHC gives their time, care and compassion to help others. "We appreciate the lengths that each selfless volunteer goes to and the motives they have for being here."
You may also want to watch:
The event will take place on June 5 at Oaklands Hotel, Norwich.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack