Cyclist seriously injured in crash involving bus on busy road
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist has been seriously injured in a crash in Norwich which involved a bus.
Police were called to Newmarket Road, near Judges Walk, just after 2.40pm on Monday, September 16.
Police said the crash involved a female cyclist and a bus, and that, as of 3.30pm, the road was closed in both directions.
But a police spokesperson said the bus was being moved and it was expected to open very shortly.
They said the cyclist had suffered serious injuries, which were not believed to be life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
Officers remain on scene.
Konectbus tweeted to say its 5B/50/50A/6/X6/8 bus services would be delayed, while First said its 11/12/13/14/15/XL services were also being affected.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer