Newmarket Nights to stop selling children’s tickets after issues at Little Mix concert
- Credit: Archant
Children will no longer be able to attend evening music events at Newmarket Racecourse following complaints over rowdy behaviour at a Little Mix concert.
The Shout Out To My Ex singers performed at the Newmarket Nights event back in June to thousands of people including young fans and families.
Following the gig some people claimed children had been left 'traumatised' by drunken men and others said the pop concert descended into a 'scene from hell'.
MORE: Newmarket Nights organisers say event will be reviewed after families' criticism of Little Mix concertShortly after the concert organisers apologised to anyone who did not have a good experience and said they would review the event.
And now the venue has said 'feedback from our racegoers' is behind the decision to step selling children's tickets for evening events at the racecourse.
Amy Starkey, regional director of Jockey Club Racecourse, East Region, said: 'Based on customer feedback our Newmarket Nights events will have a number of improvements made to the terms and conditions of entry.
You may also want to watch:
'One of the changes to be implemented will be that children's tickets will not be available for any evening music events next year. Other changes will include the renaming of the Family Enclosure to the Garden Enclosure as another example of how we would like to position Newmarket Nights going forward.
'Insight in the form of feedback from our racegoers has been particularly helpful when looking to improve the on course experience and I am grateful to those that have taken the time to work with us and offer their suggestions.'
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
Ms Starkey added the racecourse holds a number of family friendly events throughout the summer, including the Summer Saturday's series and the racing plus music afternoon event, Summer Saturday Live, which will have an allocation of children's tickets available. Little Mix were the headliners for Summer Saturday Live in 2016.
Organisers have not yet confirmed acts for Newmarket Nights 2018 but previous artists have included Chase and Status, Olly Murs and Jess Glynne.