Firefighters called to New Year's Day blaze at commercial building
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Firefighters were called out to a commercial building for in Great Yarmouth in the early hours of New Year's Day.
A fire crew from Yarmouth attended the blaze at the building on Northgate Street shortly before 2.15am today (Friday, January 1).
The fire was extinguished before the arrival of the brigade and a thermal imaging camera was used to check for hot spots.
Meanwhile at 1.20am on New Year's Day, one appliance from Carrow attended a vehicle fire on St Mildreds Road in Norwich.
The crews used hose reel jets to extinguish the fire.
And shortly before midnight, at 11.51pm on New Year's Eve, two appliances from Kings Lynn and one from Methwold attended reports of a domestic building fire on Railway Road, Downham Market.
However this was found to be a false alarm.
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown