New year babies for King’s Lynn hospital
The first few hours of 2011 saw a flurry of new arrivals at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King's Lynn.
Kim Faivelowitz, 30, of the town's Templemead, was the first new mum of the year in the hospital when she gave birth to a son at 5.25am on Saturday.
The as yet un-named baby weighed in at 9lb 2oz and arrived an hour-and-a-half after his mum was admitted. He was due on December 23 and is a younger brother to Luke, nine, and Samuel, three.
Dad Darryn, 34, general manager at Lynn security firm CTS, said the older boys were 'a little' excited at the prosepect of a new arrival.
Emma Rafferty, 30, of Lynn Road, Snettisham, had a nine-hour labour before her new daughter, again un-named, arrived at 5.45am weighing 8lb.
The baby is a sister to Jessie-Mae, four, and was also due to be born on December 23. Her dad, Richard Reynolds, 32, is an HGV mechanic.
It was a close-run thing for Dawn Barker as her labour only lasted about an hour and baby Miley arrived minutes after Dawn, 35, and husband Simon arrived at the QEH.
- 1 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 4 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 5 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 6 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 7 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 8 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 9 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 10 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
'I didn't think she would be that quick - we had to call an ambulance and ten minutes after we arrived, she was born,' said the proud mum.
Weighing in at 7lb 2oz, Miley arrived at 8am and is a sister to Drew, 13, and Kyle, 10. and the family live at Leverington, near Wisbech.
Baby Ricky Mitchell arrived at 10.34am and is the son of Hayley Phillips, 31, and Richard Mitchell, 45, of Maple Road, Downham Market.
Ricky weighed 5lb 13oz and is a brother to Louise, 3. He was due on New Year's Eve and his delighted parents said his arrival was a great way to mark the start of 2011.