New website aims to put businesses and the public directly in touch with young homeless people in Norfolk
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
A new website aims to put businesses, charities and the public in touch with young homeless people to help them achieve their goals.
Young people will be able to upload their aspirations onto the website, which is being set up by the social enterprise Your Own Place CIC.
Members of the public, businesses and charities will then be able to safely interact with the young people and offer support.
Norwich-based Your Own Place received a £5,000 grant through the Santander Foundation to set up the site.
It hopes people and organisations will provide practical help, opportunities or donations to the young people involved.
You may also want to watch:
Rebecca White, director at Your Own Place said: 'This project will be a total game-changer in young people being in charge of their own needs and solutions as well as donors having transparency in their donations.'
For more information about Your Own Place, visit www.yourownplace.org.uk
- 1 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 5 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 6 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 7 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change