New Warings café and shop opens in Norwich
- Credit: Jessica Long
Warings Furniture have opened their new café and shop in Norwich city centre with an added floristry.
The shop, called Warings Lifestore, opened its doors this morning on Westlegate in the white thatched building next to the All Saints Church.
The team at Warings had been looking for new premises since 2014 after planning permission was granted for its current location, Crystal House on Cattle Market Street to be converted into eight flats.
But Rachael Waring, joint managing director of Warings, said that their original shop will remain open in the city until next year.
'There is no set date for when we need to be out of there,' she said. 'That is going to become a sales store and have the sales stock that is not coming here over there and then at some point we will close but there is no set date.'
You may also want to watch:
The building on Westlegate has been transformed with the back of the store turned into an open dining space, upstairs has been opened up and the interior has been given a fresher feel.
Warings Lifestore will continue to sell most of the stock from the store on Cattle Market Street but new lines will be added at a later date, including food.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
Mrs Waring said: 'We have got albums, record players, much more dining crockery and cutlery and we have also added the floristry out the front, so that is all new.
'There is a lot of new here and a lot of new lines which will be added.'
The café will be open from 7.30am until 6.30pm, with upstairs open from 9pm to 6.30pm on weekdays and Saturdays. The store will also be open on Sundays from 10am to 4pm.