New voices invited to join Broadland Youth Choir
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Young people who enjoy singing are invited to join a well known Norfolk choir.
Broadland Youth Choir, for seven to 18-year-olds, has opportunities for people to join its junior and senior sections.
The group, which rehearses in Salhouse on Fridays, sings at many events each year, including the EDP Festival of Carols at St Andrew's Hall in Norwich every December.
Musical director Carole Tims said it was a great experience for young people, and that new members would have the chance to perform with the choir and the vocal group Blake at Cromer Pier on March 4.
They will also be able to be involved in the recording of two CDs, one of Christmas music and another of Stabat Mater by the
You may also want to watch:
18th century composer Pergolesi.
'There's something about singing in a choir that is very uplifting,' said Mrs Tims.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 7 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
'You can get involved in different styles of music and enjoy singing with other people.
'We have also had several people over the years who have gone on to music college or drama college, and singing in the choir is a good step towards that.'
She said choir members have previously also had the chance to enjoy some unique experiences, including performing on the Norwich Theatre Royal stage alongside the professional casts of shows such as Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and Jesus Christ Superstar.
Broadland Youth Choir's rehearsals take place on Fridays at the Jubilee Hall in Salhouse.
For more infomration about joining the choir, visit www.broadlandyouthchoir.co.uk or call Mrs Tims on 01603 721912.
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at firstname.lastname@example.org