New voices invited to join Broadland Youth Choir
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Young people who enjoy singing are invited to join a well known Norfolk choir.
Broadland Youth Choir, for seven to 18-year-olds, has opportunities for people to join its junior and senior sections.
The group, which rehearses in Salhouse on Fridays, sings at many events each year, including the EDP Festival of Carols at St Andrew's Hall in Norwich every December.
Musical director Carole Tims said it was a great experience for young people, and that new members would have the chance to perform with the choir and the vocal group Blake at Cromer Pier on March 4.
They will also be able to be involved in the recording of two CDs, one of Christmas music and another of Stabat Mater by the
18th century composer Pergolesi.
'There's something about singing in a choir that is very uplifting,' said Mrs Tims.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 3 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 4 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 5 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 6 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 7 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 8 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 9 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 10 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
'You can get involved in different styles of music and enjoy singing with other people.
'We have also had several people over the years who have gone on to music college or drama college, and singing in the choir is a good step towards that.'
She said choir members have previously also had the chance to enjoy some unique experiences, including performing on the Norwich Theatre Royal stage alongside the professional casts of shows such as Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and Jesus Christ Superstar.
Broadland Youth Choir's rehearsals take place on Fridays at the Jubilee Hall in Salhouse.
For more infomration about joining the choir, visit www.broadlandyouthchoir.co.uk or call Mrs Tims on 01603 721912.
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com