New Thai restaurant to open at popular venue
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A new restaurant serving traditional Thai food is set to open in Wymondham next month.
SathuDee, run by husband and wife team Pramol and Kanokwan Sampao, will take over the former site of Marrakech Restaurant at the Wymondham Town House Hotel.
The couple is planning a traditional Buddhist blessing ceremony on Saturday, December 8, when doors are due to open.
Mr Sampao is an experienced head chef, having worked at popular Norwich restaurants Thai Vine, Sugar Hut and The House Thai.
The self-made couple have been saving money for years and finally raised enough to set up their own business this year, taking on the new lease last week.
You may also want to watch:
The menu will offer an array of traditional Thai dishes created with fresh, local ingredients, including meat from Hazels butchers in Norwich and fish from Howard and Son fishmongers.
Dishes are designed to be adaptable to diners' taste buds, with spice levels adjustable and most dishes able to be made suitable for vegans.
- 1 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 2 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 3 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 4 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 5 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 6 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 9 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 10 Walk-in vaccine clinic as surplus stock becomes available