New Taverham Players surprise shoppers ahead of their production of Victoria Wood’s Acorn Antiques The Musical
Shoppers at Taverham Nursery and Shopping Centre were given a surprise on Sunday, when they were served by characters from the latest New Taverham Players production.
The amateur dramatic group are rehearsing for their version of Victoria Wood's Acorn Antiques The Musical.
Acorn Antiques was a popular television comedy during the 1980s, featuring regularly in two seasons of Victoria Wood As Seen On TV.
The character of Mrs Overall, the tottering tea-lady, was played by Julie Walters, with Celia Imrie as Miss Babs and Wood as Miss Berta.
So to publicise their version of the stage comedy, the New Taverham Players cast went along to the garden centre to point customers in the right direction and help with bag packing.
You may also want to watch:
Tracy Melton, director of the show, said: 'We created quite a stir in the many different shop areas and are very grateful to Stuart Clancy and his team for allowing us to spread the word.'
Acorn Antiques The Musical is being staged at Taverham Village Hall between Monday, May 14 and Saturday, May 19, at 7.30pm and 7pm on Saturday.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
Tickets are priced at �7 for adults and �6.50 for concessions, and are available from 01603 424313.