New Taverham Players surprise shoppers ahead of their production of Victoria Wood’s Acorn Antiques The Musical
Shoppers at Taverham Nursery and Shopping Centre were given a surprise on Sunday, when they were served by characters from the latest New Taverham Players production.
The amateur dramatic group are rehearsing for their version of Victoria Wood's Acorn Antiques The Musical.
Acorn Antiques was a popular television comedy during the 1980s, featuring regularly in two seasons of Victoria Wood As Seen On TV.
The character of Mrs Overall, the tottering tea-lady, was played by Julie Walters, with Celia Imrie as Miss Babs and Wood as Miss Berta.
So to publicise their version of the stage comedy, the New Taverham Players cast went along to the garden centre to point customers in the right direction and help with bag packing.
Tracy Melton, director of the show, said: 'We created quite a stir in the many different shop areas and are very grateful to Stuart Clancy and his team for allowing us to spread the word.'
Acorn Antiques The Musical is being staged at Taverham Village Hall between Monday, May 14 and Saturday, May 19, at 7.30pm and 7pm on Saturday.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 3 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 4 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 5 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 6 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 7 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 10 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
Tickets are priced at �7 for adults and �6.50 for concessions, and are available from 01603 424313.