New Take That musical will be heading to Norwich on its tour
- Credit: PA
New Take That musical The Band will be heading to Norwich as part of its UK tour.
News of the tour venues were announced after the stars of the show - the winners of the BBC talent competiton Let It Shine - were announced at the weekend.
The band Five to Five won the public vote on Saturday night, scooping the prize of appearing in the new production which is based on the songs of Take That.
They beat rival bands Drive and Nightfall in the final of the television talent search which has been led by Take That singer Gary Barlow.
As the winners were announced, he told them: 'A couple of years ago this started, I shut my eyes and I wanted a great band, what we've got here tonight is an incredible band.'
You may also want to watch:
The show will start its 10-month tour in September in Manchester - where Take That was first formed back in 1990 - and will take to the Norwich Theatre Royal stage from February 6 to 17 next year.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 7 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 8 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
The Norwich venue is currently the only venue in East Anglia that will host the show.
The Band is based on the music of Take That rather than the story of band.
It has been written by Tim Firth who, along with Gary Barlow, penned The Girls musical that has recently opened in London and is based on the story of The Calendar Girls who stripped for a charity calendar.
Ahead of the Take That-inspired musical The Band coming to Norwich, Take That themselves will also be visiting the city as part of their forthcoming Wonderland tour.
Tens of thousands of people will watch band members Mark Owen, Gary Barlow and Howard Donald play the final two nights of the nationwide tour at Norwich City Football Club on Thursday, June 15 and Friday, June 16.
Organisers have said that the tour will 'bring fans their most exciting live experience to date.'
The June 16 concert is sold out but there are still tickets available for the June 15 concert.
Tickets for The Band musical will go on sale at midday on April 3.
For information more about The Band, visit www.thebandmusical.com
For more information about booking tickets for Take That's Wonderland tour, including the Thursday, June 15 show at Carrow Road, visit www.takethat.com/live/