New sponsor announced for EDP Norfolk Food and Drink Awards’ outstanding achievement category
A Norfolk firm of solicitors is the latest name to signal its support for the county's food and drink producers.
Hansells, which has offices across the county, has been announced as a new sponsor of the outstanding achievement award in the EDP Norfolk Food and Drink Awards 2012.
The awards, which will culminate with a ceremony on September 10 at the Norfolk Showground, recognise the heroes of the food and farming industries.
Roger Holden, managing partner at Hansells, said the company was keen to get involved.
He said: 'Being an old firm in Norfolk, we have acted for lots of farms and food manufacturers. We see this as a way of engaging them and encouraging them in their endeavours.
You may also want to watch:
'Food is a very important part of the county's tourism industry and the county as a whole.'
Mr Holden said he was a big 'foodie' himself and owned more than 100 cookery books.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
He said he had been lucky enough to encounter many of the county's key figures in the food industry.
Mr Hansell said, when coming up with the three finalists for the outstanding achievement award, he had been looking for someone who had made a big impact on the food and drink sector as a whole.
'I get to see the outstanding characters of the food industry and appreciate what they do for not only their own business but also for Norfolk – putting local food on the map.
'There have been some great winners of this category in the past and, I believe, will be some great winners in the future.'
The finalists of the food and drink awards, which are part of this year's EDP Adnams Norfolk Food and Drink Festival, in association with Norfolk County Council, will be revealed in the EDP on Thursday August 23.
To buy tickets for the awards ceremony go to www.eventelephant.com/2012foodanddrinkawards