New “smart” look for Cromer Academy pupils
Students at Cromer Academy will return to class in September in a new uniform.
The current school outfit of polo shirts and fleeces will be replaced with blazers, navy jumpers and ties, and the darker colour scheme will also be reflected in sports kits.
The wave logo, which represents the school's link to the sea, is being kept but modernised and students will continue to wear grey trousers or skirts.
The revamped regalia is being introduced after pupils, parents, staff and governors voted 'overwhelmingly' in favour of bringing in a new smart uniform.
Penny Bignall, headteacher, said: 'Following comprehensive surveys amongst parents, pupils, staff and cluster schools we were able to identify a clear consensus that a change of uniform was desired.
You may also want to watch:
'Feedback from the surveys conveyed that a smarter uniform was preferable and would reflect greatly within the local community and show everyone is proud to be a member of Cromer Academy.'
Suppliers Anglia Sports & School Wear Ltd will be selling the uniform at reduced introductory prices over the summer and all current students are being offered a discount voucher to help buy their new outfits.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 10 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
Mrs Bignall said some of the money granted to the school by the government - to help with its conversion to an academy - was being used to help 'support families' buy the new uniform.
She added: 'For the future, we have set up a discretionary fund to support families in financial difficulties.'
The school's new sports kits are currently being picked out, with the football teams being sponsored by Anglia and Mary Janes Fish Bar, but staff are seeking backers for the hockey and netballl teams.
? If you would like to sponsor either team e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Vicki Bumphrey on 01263 511433.