New Slingshot ride to open on Great Yarmouth seafront
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Not for the faint-hearted.
A new ride towering over Great Yarmouth seafront will open today.
Great Yarmouth Borough Council has secured the 45-metre tall Slingshot, which flings participants, safely secured in a capsule, some 60 metres into the air, offering an adrenaline rush combined with exhilarating views over the Golden Mile.
For this summer only, the attraction on the former Amazonia site, in Marine Parade, will be open during peak periods and weekends until at least the end of the holiday season.
Council leader Graham Plant said: 'While the council explores longer-term options for this part of the Golden Mile, this Slingshot brings a distinct experience for the season, complementing the existing offer and providing an additional reason for people to visit our fantastic resort and the attractions on the seafront.'
You may also want to watch:
The attraction was previously based at Global Village in Dubai.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?