New service to help volunteers find opportunities and organisations find volunteers at Aylsham
- Credit: Archant © 2005
Residents of the Aylsham area will soon have a new facility to help make their New Year Resolutions a reality with the opening of the new Aylsham Volunteering Information Point.
The 'V.I.P' is a joint venture between Broadland District Council's Grow Your Community project and Voluntary Norfolk's North Norfolk Volunteer Centre.
It will provide a focal point for local residents who would like to volunteer their time, talents and enthusiasm, and for locally-active groups, societies and organisations who would like to involve them in their work.
People will be able to browse a wide range of volunteering opportunities and seek help in finding a suitable role. Voluntary and community organisations will be able to promote their opportunities and get help with recruiting and managing volunteers.
The Aylsham V.I.P will open on Friday January 10 and will be based at Aylsham Library. Its opening hours will be 9.30am – 12.30pm every Friday, with additional support via phone and email available throughout the rest of the week from the North Norfolk Volunteer Centre based in Cromer.
You may also want to watch:
Groups or individuals who would like to know more about how the Aylsham V.I.P. might be able to help them are welcome to contact Jonny Wood on 01263 510701 or email@example.com.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 6 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 9 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner