New scheme for scooter users in Lowestoft to be launched
- Credit: Archant
A new registration scheme for scooter users will be launched in Lowestoft next week.
Lowestoft Shopmobility will launch the scheme, together with the Safer Neighbourhood Team, next Wednesday, April 26.
With a new national mobility registration scheme unveiled by the National Federation of Shopmobility via their website – www.nmruk.org – it has been developed following the need for consumers and the police to be able to reunite stolen or abandoned mobility vehicles with their owners.
Steve Perry, marketing and communications manager for the service, said, 'We were amazed by the police statistics for 2015, that out of 517 mobility scooters stolen – with an estimated value of £615,000 – only 22 per cent were ever recovered. We saw the scheme as a way of helping the numbers of vehicles returned to their owners, working closely with the police nationally.'
With Lowestoft Shopmobility being a member of the National Federation, they are pleased to support the registration scheme by helping clients register at their shop in Station Square, Lowestoft on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays or Saturdays.
You may also want to watch:
The scheme will launch in Lowestoft between 11am and 1pm next Wednesday, April 26 at Kirkley Mill Health Centre. For further information call Lowestoft Shopmobility on 01502 588857 or email email@example.com
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 5 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction