New Saffron affordable homes completed in Carleton Rode
The number of completed new affordable homes in south Norfolk since the turn of the year has risen to 21 following the opening of a development in Carleton Rode.
Nine new homes at Meadow Close, off Flaxlands Road, were officially opened on Friday by Saffron Housing Trust.
The mix of two one-bedroom flats, three two-bedroom houses, two three-bedroom houses and two two-bedroom bungalows will be for local people.
Adam Ronaldson, chief executive of Saffron Housing, said: 'We are delighted that in recent weeks we have completed so many new affordable homes in villages through South Norfolk and these nine in Carleton Rode will, we hope, make a real difference to the village.'
The scheme, partly funded by the HCA, would not have been possible without support from Carleton Rode Parish Council, South Norfolk Council and the co-operation of local landowner, Peter Jackson.
You may also want to watch:
Since Christmas, Saffron has also completed new homes in Felthorpe, Ellingham, Tibenham and Costessey.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation