New running track opens at park in Thorpe St Andrew
- Credit: Archant
Runners will be able to benefit from a newly-opened track at a park in Thorpe St Andrew.
The granite running track was installed at Laundry Lane Recreation Ground by Eurovia - the contractor undertaking drainage work in the town.
A spokesman for Thorpe St Andrew Town Council said it was constructed at no cost to the council, saving it £20,000.
Mayor Ian Mackie, who cut the ribbon to open the track, said: 'This is a fantastic addition to our parks in Thorpe.
'We have consulted widely on how to develop our parks and this was one of the key requests, I think everyone will be delighted with the result.'
You may also want to watch:
The council said new benches, exercise equipment and wildflowers will be installed, along with an extension to the children's play area.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 5 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk