‘My first time at the Royal Norfolk Show – and I’m running it’
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
For Royal Norfolk Show director James Hill, Wednesday is going to be an especially thrilling day.
Not only will he see four months of hard work come to fruition - but he will also get to see the two-day event for the first time, having never attended the show before.
While relatively inexperienced in the world of agricultural shows, Mr Hill, a former armed forces officer, feels the absence of preconceptions could be a strength.
"I have visited other agricultural shows over the years but this is all completely new - a fresh canvas as it were," he said.
"I came relatively late to the party starting in March, but it has been a chance for me to learn and watch and see what makes up the show. Every day has been a learning day.
You may also want to watch:
"We are lucky we have such a fantastic team of volunteers and stewards with a huge depth of knowledge and experience, which is invaluable."
- 1 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 2 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 6 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 7 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 10 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature