New rose inspired by River Deben sunsets unveiled at RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- Credit: Archant
A rose inspired by sunsets over a Suffolk river has made its debut at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
Notcutts, a garden centre business with a branch in Norwich, has launched the creamy-yellow coloured rose at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show to celebrate the life of horticulturist Charles Notcutt, whose family founded and still run the firm.
The 'Deben Sunrise' rose is named after Charles' favourite view over the River Deben from his garden in Woodbridge,
Caroline Notcutt, Mr Notcutt's daughter and vice chairman of the firm, said: 'I am delighted that my father's unrivalled passion for gardening and outstanding contribution to the horticultural community has been recognised with this wonderful rose.
'It is very special, particularly in Notcutts 120th anniversary year, and I hope it will continue to bring joy to his fellow gardening enthusiasts for many years to come.'
You may also want to watch:
The new variety was bred by specialist rose breeder Harkness Roses, based in Hitchin, Hertfordshire, and was launched on the Harkness exhibit at the show.
The rose has also gone on sale at Notcutts garden centres.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 8 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace