New ‘upmarket’ theme bar planned for Prince of Wales Road
- Credit: Google
A new theme bar could soon open on Norwich's Prince of Wales Road.
A licensing application has been submitted to Norwich City Council for what was the China Inn takeaway, on the corner of the nighttime strip and Cathedral Street.
The documents show the bar would have a theme and they said "the aim of the applicant is to create an 'upmarket' venue targeting an older clientele (over 25s)".
The application did not specify what the theme would be.
The building has four stories and the basement and ground floor will host the bar, while a function room and outside terrace will be available on the first floor.
The top floor will be used as the back office.
The application said the bar would be open from 9am to 4am seven days a week, and food and hot drinks would also be served.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 6 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 7 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 10 All I want for Christmas is... a twinkling tractor with fairy lights