New Post Office to open in One Stop branch in Prince of Wales Road, Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A new Post Office branch is set to open inside a convenience store in Norwich's Prince of Wales Road.
The One Stop at the bottom of the busy thoroughfare will be fitted out with a Post Office counter by May 22, and it will begin operating a week or two afterwards, once a branch manager takes up the new role.
The branch will offer postal as well as financial services including currency exchange, MoneyGram cash transfers and bill payments.
Following the closure of the Castle Mall Post Office last year, the next nearest branch is in the WHSmith in St Stephens Street, well over half a mile away.
READ MORE: What Post Office plans to relocate Norwich branch would mean for customersA Post Office spokesperson said: 'As part of an exciting programme of modernisation and investment which is taking place across the Post Office network, we are opening a new Post Office in Prince of Wales Road in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
'We are making it easier for customers to get their cash, send and collect their mail and do their banking because we know how important these services are to local residents.
'We are confident that this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs. This modernisation is part of a major investment programme, the largest in the history of the Post Office.'
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 4 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 5 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 6 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 7 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 8 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 9 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham